PHD. SOCIOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA, Las Vegas 2015
M.A. SOCIOLOGY, INDIANA UNIVERSITY, Indianapolis 2010
2022 - Present, Teaching Assistant Professor, University of Missouri
2019 – 2022, Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Missouri
2018 – 2019, Visiting Assistant Professor, Knox College
2015 – 2018, Assistant Professor, Washburn University
2019 – 2021 University of Missouri, Visiting Assistant Professor
2019 – 2020 Centers for Disease Control, Post-Doctoral Service Fellow
2018 – 2019 Knox College, Visiting Assistant Professor
2015 – 2018 Washburn University, Assistant Professor
▪ Conner, Christopher T. and David R. Dickens. 2021. Electric Empires: From Subculture to Culture Industry. Lantham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield. (in production)
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
▪ Conner, Christopher T. 2022. “How Sexual Racism and Other Discriminatory Behaviors Become Rationalized in Online Dating Apps.” Deviant Behavior (https://doi.org/10.1080/01639625.2021.2019566)
▪ Conner, Christopher T. and Nicholas MacMurray. 2021. “The Perfect Storm: A Subcultural Analysis of the QAnon Movement.” Critical Sociology (https://doi.org/10.1177/08969205211055863).
▪ Conner, Christopher T. and Nicholas M. Baxter. 2021. “Teaching Symbolic Interaction: Are you a werewolf?” Teaching Sociology. (https://doi.org/10.1177/0092055X211053375).
▪ Conner, Christopher T. 2019. “The Gay Gayze: Expressions of Inequality on Grindr.” The Sociological Quarterly. 60(3): 397-419. https://doi.org/10.1080/00380253.2018.1533394.
SELECTED CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS AND INVITED TALKS
* Conner, Christopher T. and Nick MacMurray. 2022. “The Perfect Storm: A Subcultural Analysis of the QAnon Movement.” Presented at the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences. Las Vegas, NV.
▪ Conner, Christopher T. and Nick MacMurray. 2022. “The Perfect Storm: A Subcultural Analysis of the QAnon Movement.” Presented at the Midwest Sociological Society Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL.
▪ Conner, Christopher T. 2021. “A Social History of Electronic Dance Music.” Profs and Pints. (Online)
▪ Conner, Christopher T. and Daniel Okamura. 2021. “The Sociology of the Gayborhood: An Overview.” Presented at the Society for the Study of Symbolic Interaction Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL.
▪ Conner, Christopher T. 2021. “Queer in the country: Why some LGBTQ Americans prefer rural life to urban ‘gayborhoods.’ The Conversation 3/4/21. https://theconversation.com/queer-in-the-country-why-some-lgbtq-americans-prefer-rural-life-to-urban-gayborhoods-155616.
▪ Conner, Christopher T. 2021. “How the gay party scene short-circuited and became a moneymaking bonanza.” The Conversation 2/12/2021. https://theconversation.com/how-the-gay-party-scene-short-circuited-and-became-a-moneymaking-bonanza-153424.
▪ Conner, Christopher T. 2021. “Op-Ed: New Year’s Eve Circuit parties go on despite COVID-19 travel concerns.” Windy City Times. 01/08. Reprinted in The Washington Blade 1/22/2021.
Recently Taught Courses:
- Sociology of Sport
- Recent Theories in Sociology
- Drugs and Society
- Collective Behavior
- Independent Study